Monday, November 16, 2009

SAD - Drugs can be collaborative?

I red this article today from the NYT, and I was thinking... how sad... a drug company is not usually one that is lacking in funds, they get money from charities, from other drug companies, they get research funds (yeah, I know, the fund research temselves as well); and the more we become a panic based society, the more money we give them...
Now, based on a change in law (that might cut theiir profits), they go into a rampage raise in prices...

Once I finished reading it, I thought, what if we the public start pushing for a cooperative approach to drug usage? A group in Scotland (in Findhorn), created a self sustainable community which brought up together a lot of very good concepts... and Jeff Jarvis (I know, I am kinda stuck into WWGD) mentioned it already... let's try to get a self managed, public demand based drug company. As we will know what the researchers are going for, and will be a lot more transparency, we will be able to chose better which drugs to take, and channel research better as well... and at the end we should be able to see better pricing (or at least more sensible one) based on what the community needs.

Maybe I'm getting too far, but I really think that this drug companies are taking the p... anyhow, just my first brain dump for the day...

No comments: